Sunday, June 14, 2009


Wow! It has been AGES since I have done a Menu Plan Monday post, and I really need to get back in the swing of it. There is always some excuse for why I can't really do it this week, and then the weeks slip away from me. Of course, this week I have another little blip in my plan, but I decided to 'just do it'. Ok, so here's my plan:

Monday- Out! I never really go out to eat on a Monday, but there are a few reasons why I'm doing it this week including treating myself before:

Tuesday- I have to be fasting for a medical procedure on Wed. blech!! I am one of the worst fast-ers ever, so I will not be making dinner, hubby can eat leftovers or grill himself a burger!!

Wednesday- Since I have a busy day ahead, I'm going to try a new recipe called Italian Chicken & Orzo. It actually uses a can of chicken...don't balk, it's not my first choice either, but I have some to use up. If it's worth mentioning I'll post it up.

Thursday- Slow-cooker shredded beef tacos. The recipe is really easy: put 1-1/2 lbs. of beef chuck roast and one sliced onion in the crock pot. Combine 1 cup of water and 1 packet of taco seasoning mix in a bowl and then pour over the beef & onion. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Then just shred the beef and mix to taste with taco sauce (I'm totally serious that you can use up those 1,000 packets from Taco Bell! =) Then just use the shredded beef instead of ground beef in your tacos, yum!

Friday- Creamy pesto pasta with green beans. This recipe was from Real Simple and called for gnocchi, but since DH doesn't like gnocchi (is he crazy?!) I will sub some other pasta. All you do it boil 1 lb. of pasta and about 1/2 lb. of green beans (cut into bite size pieces). Drain and return the pot to the stove. Add 1 container of store-bought pesto (8 oz.) and 1/4 cup of heavy cream (I will probably just use milk instead) and stir until heated through. You could sub asparagus for green beans or add some cooked chicken, whatever you like.

Saturday- Parties off and on, so we will eat at those :)

Sunday- Leftovers or burgers/dogs on the grill

So there, I did it, no excuses :D

1 comments:

New Jersey said...

mmmmm Burgers on the grill...sounds good.