Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I love to save plastic grocery bags and reuse them for little trash liners, lunch bags for hubby (he eats a pretty big lunch, lol) and of course, for dog poop disposal. A long time ago my mom taught me to keep the plastic bags in an empty tissue box. I love that, because then you aren't spending $10+ at Bed, Bath and Beyond for a bag holder and you give something a new life.


Well I stumbled across this link to MSN's 50 All-Time New Uses for Old Things article and it knocked my socks off. Not only does it include my tissue box-bag holder tip, but a zillion (or I guess 49) other really cool tips I would never have thought of. I knew this would rock for Works for me Wednesday.

Check out the other posts at We Are That Family!

4 comments:

Heather @ Girl Gone Mom said...

Now I am offically stalking you by following your blog, miss M.H. girl! :D

Heather @ Girl Gone Mom said...

So I am planning on doing a new feature on my blog about New Uses for Old Things...and that's exactly what I was going to call it!! Creepy!! hehe

I am a big fan of that section of Real Simple mag.

Moore Minutes said...

I love different ideas for re purposing. Thanks for this idea!

By the way, I'm having my first giveaway on my blog if you're interested:

http://www.mooreminutes.com/2009/09/pleated-poppy-giveaway.html

'Becca said...

Thanks for the ideas! I love finding a new use for something I already have instead of having to buy a new thing. Click my name for some of my re-using ideas and some links to more.

Another use for an old tissue box is to fill it with small (4-8 inches wide and long) rags made by cutting up old cotton knit clothes. Use them like tissues, for dusting, for wiping kids' sticky faces, etc. They're stronger and often softer than tissues or paper towels. If they're too gross after use you can throw them away, and if not you can wash them to use again. Saves lots of money!