Sunday, July 12, 2009


I promised during my last Menu Plan Monday that I would post the recipe for Italian Chicken & Orzo if it was worth making. It was definitely worth making and passing on!

My picture is not the greatest, but I hope you get the idea :) I added some fresh spinach to mine since I thought it needed some extra green, so if you make the recipe "as is" then yours will look a little different from mine. I got this recipe at a luncheon hosted by Stop & Shop as an idea for a quick meal. It really did take almost no time at all to make. Here's the recipe:

Italian Chicken and Orzo
Serves 4 - Cook time: 20 minutes - Total time: 25 minutes

Ingredients:
2 tsp canola oil 1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 8oz. pkg cleaned and sliced white 1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
button mushrooms 1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup seeded & chopped bell pepper 1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp minced fresh garlic 1 cup orzo pasta, uncooked
2 cups Nature's Promise low-sodium 1 (10oz.) can Stop & Shop premium chunk
chicken broth white chicken in water, drained

In a heavy skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and bell pepper, cook for 4-5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and cook only until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 10-15 minutes or until orzo is tender and liquid has been absorbed. Stir in drained chicken, breaking up chunks of chicken. Heat well.

0 comments: