Sunday, January 18, 2009


Last week's dinners were pretty uneventful. Marc was not looking forward to the frozen chicken and rice dish, but it defrosted well and was pretty tasty. Still have no idea where that recipe came from! Also, somehow last week I never ended up making the spaghetti and I can't even remember why? But you'll see it again this week...

Monday- ...ta-da! Spaghetti :)

Tuesday- Tilapia filets with breadcrumbs, capers and lemon juice

Wednesday- I'm going to try some variation of this potato dish. I like it because I have TONS of potatoes right now so I will just shred some and use them instead of frozen. It also looks like I could throw in a bunch of extra veggies.

Thursday- I have two roasting-type chickens in my freezer that I have no idea what to do with. I think I'm going to try the recipe Laura at orgjunkie was making last week for Lemon and Garlic Roast Chicken.

Friday- There is a random box of frozen kale in my freezer, too. I really have no idea why I bought it, but I think I can sneak it into this lasagna instead of the box of frozen spinach. Using jarred sauce will save some time, and I think the strong flavor from Italian sausage will make us not notice that it's kale instead of spinach.

Saturday- Out!

Sunday- Leftover extravaganza =)

Be sure to check out the other menus at Menu Plan Monday!

4 comments:

Jess NBP said...

I hope to see some pictures of these dishes. :) They sound yummy. I'm adding you to my blogroll here.

Mandi said...

Yummy menu! We're having spaghetti this week, too. Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

Great menu. The Lemon and Garlic chicken looks delish!

Anonymous said...

That all looks great!