Wednesday, August 5, 2009

All these groceries for $0.67 - TOTAL


It has been a while since I posted a picture of a shopping trip, but I just had to with this one. If you didn't see my post earlier of this week's Acme deals where I mention, in detail, the Catalina deal to get a bunch of food for under $3, then click here (the scenario that I actually did here came to $2.32 for me after factoring in the $15 catalina.) Today I did that deal and another sweet one as well. In Sunday's paper was a back-to-school rebate offer from Kellogg's. I was able to nab the 10 items required to get the $10 rebate for only $8.35! So on that deal it was like I'm getting paid $1.65 to pick up a bunch of groceries.

Here's the breakdown of what I did for the Kellogg rebate deal:
  • 5 boxes of Pop-Tarts - on sale this week 5 for $5 (must buy 5!). Used the $1 off any 2 coupon from Sunday's insert and the $1 off any 2 Choc. Banana Split or Blueberry Muffin flavor. I purchased two of the Choc. Banana Split and all the rest Strawberry, cause that's my favorite :) Total amount spent after coupons: $3
  • 2 boxes of Raisin Bran - on sale this week with other Kellogg's items for $1.67 if you buy 5. That works out perfectly because I need 10 items for the rebate & I had to buy 5 boxes of Pop-Tarts for the $5 price. So I used the $1 off any 2 Raisin Bran coupon from Sunday's insert.
  • 2 boxes of Pops - hubby's favorite cereal & part of the $1.67 promo. Used the $1 off any 2 selected cereals coupon from Sunday's insert.
  • 1 box of new Cinnabon bars - part of the $1.67 promo and there is a $1 off any box coupon on Coupons.com Total amount spent after coupons: $5.35
Grand total: $8.35 <- Submit $10 rebate will make it -$1.65 for all those breakfast items-- a moneymaker!

If you wanted to swing this deal yourself, then act fast, the last day for this sale is tomorrow.

0 comments: