Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I was just contacted to participate in a wonderful event being held by ShopRite's Partners in Caring program called "Blog it Forward to Fight Hunger". ShopRite's Partners in Caring program was created by ShopRite back in 1999 to help fight hunger in our local communities--not just during the holidays, but year-round. Since its inception, ShopRite Partners in Caring has donated over $20 million towards the fight against hunger!

Now ShopRite Partners in Caring has teamed up with General Mills to create the "Blog it Forward to Fight Hunger" initiative to spread the word about this program and encourage community participation. As an incentive for bloggers to spread the word, General Mills and ShopRite will donate one box of cereal to an area food bank for the first 30 people who comment on my post!

All I'm asking for is 30 comments, and ShopRite & General Mills will donate 30 boxes of cereal because of my efforts! It can't get much easier than just leaving a comment here on this post! :)

My church has a local food pantry & I've been able to see first-hand just how food distributions benefit the hungry in our area. ShopRite Partners In Caring program supports 23 regional food banks and more than 1,400 charitable agencies. One easy way that you can support this program is to purchase products in the store with the ShopRite Partners In Caring shelf tag. That way, each time you are shopping for your own family, you are helping to feed other hungry families in our community.

To learn more about ShopRite Partners in Caring you can click here. Don't forget to leave a comment--your comment = 1 box of cereal!

27 comments:

Preppy Coastee said...

Wow, what a great thing you are doing!! I will twitter this!

Anonymous said...

Now I will look out for the marked products..thanks!

justicecw said...

This is great. I RT'd already!

a said...

this is great! hope my comment helps!

Anonymous said...

So many people don't have enough money to buy food. It is truly saddening. My one comment will buy a box of cereal and I think that's great!!! I am glad I can help.

Mel said...

It's good to know Shoprite will donate food!! :) Maybe I'll start going there instead of Wegmans.

LZ @ My Messy Paradise said...

that's fantastic that you're able to work with such good companies! Good luck getting your comments! What a good cause...

Kat Quarterman said...

I am excited to be apart of this!! I do most of my shopping at Shoprite and I'm glad they care!! and u too : )

Anonymous said...

Awesome cause...You rock. I am so glad you are doing this, doesn't surprise me though. Glad I can be a part of it too.

Tania

~Sandy~ said...

awesome cause....i will send you a shout out on twitter! good luck :)

MNMSpecial said...

Saw Sandy's twitter so I sent one too. How awesome! Thanks

lisagee1234 said...

I retweeted it.

Eric said...

Glad I can be a part. Way to go Bay.

Chef Mark Smith said...

I'll retweet also. Nicely done

alwayshopeful said...

Glad to be a part! Great work,i'd love to be in n this as well in the south..Thanks and i twittered this as well..
alwaysatryin*at*gmail.com

The Savvy Mama said...

What a wonderful thing! Glad to be a part. (I tweeted too!) :)

Katmagick said...

Happy to help a great cause!

Missy W. said...

Glad to help!

Julee said...

What a wonderful cause!

LBJ said...

What a great way to help out!

Kelly said...

Thanks for participating, Bay!

Charlene said...

This is great!

Jenn said...

What a great idea! Anything to help :)

Maria said...

This is great! So glad to help!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful for Shop Rite to help!

Elkaye said...

This is really a wonderful cause!

S. Hargro - ChangeEvnglst said...

Congratulations on doing your part to for a cause!