Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Even though my photo editing skills were always seriously limited, I always managed to somehow have Photoshop on my home computer. Recently, when I purchased a new one, it didn't come with Photoshop, and I didn't seem to mind for a while.

Enter my blog, and suddenly I want to do basic photo editing like cropping photos. That is when I found out about Picnik. It is totally free, you don't need to download anything...you don't even need to register!

All you do is upload your picture from your computer, facebook, or whatever site you have it on. From there you can crop, brighten, add text, etc. I used Picnik to add the text to my banner up top. This is a free layout where you have to add the text to the image and that's how I did it! (Aside: I was also tinkering with Picnik to create my own blog button, but I'm gonna hold out until I get a new blog template. I like the free option I have now, but would like to get something a little more "professional." Know any good blog designers?)

So here's a button for you to click if you wanna hop on Picnik yourself.

Picnik: photo editing awesomeness

I'm sure it will work for you. Check out the other posts on Works for Me Wednesday at Rocks in my Dryer!

11 comments:

Becky Avella said...

Thanks for the great tip! My friend (http://www.calledblessed.com/) used Blue Yonder Design and highly recommends Jen's work. I'm hoping to get a blog makeover someday myself. : )

Lana said...

I like foto flexer as well. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Never heard of this, but it sounds like something I need to look into.

lislynn said...

Oo, nice! Thanks for the tip!

Eric said...

I wonder how you ended up with Photoshop in the past? ;)

DairyQueen said...

thanks for the site ~ I'm going to check it out!

Phyllis Sommer said...

isn't picnik great - i just love it. there's a new site called photofunia - check it out, it's really cool.

Anonymous said...

Picnik is a great site, and so user friendly.

Jerralea said...

Thanks for the info. I've been wondering how to add text to my photos. Thanks for sharing!

Lori said...

I am thrilled you posted this! I have been looking at a few, but the price tag has been a bit out of reach. Even the premium on this one is only $25!!! Thanks for sharing - I cannot wait to get started on those Disney photos!!!

Anonymous said...

i just discovered this site and love it also!