Monday, February 2, 2009


I've been selling random things on eBay for years. At one point when I was working my way through college, I had a pretty good side gig going buying items on clearance and selling them on eBay. Lately, I've been seeing things pile up around my house and since I could really use the money, I turned to eBay to transform those things into cash.

You probably have some eBay experience under your belt already, but I have two quick links I wanted to pass on to you.

1. Auctiva- One of my friends recently told me about Auctiva, and I am really enjoying it so far. Auctiva is a hosting service that lets you add additional pictures and pretty layouts to your listing, free of charge. Back when I was listing a bunch of things, I used to subscribe to Seller Sourcebook, which is the same thing but costs money.

2. If you are a stay-at-home mom, or just someone who would like to start your own ebay business, there is a great free e-book available here. Suzanne "the eBay coach" has some really great ideas about how to get started selling, even if you don't have anything to sell! I would really recommend it to anyone who would like to get started.

Take a moment to look through your stuff and do a search on eBay to see what your items are going for. You might be surprised what you have that is a hot ticket item on eBay. Ever have a bottle of perfume that you used but changed your mind about? More than likely someone would be willing to take it off your hands for a few bucks. The best is if it is discontinued. One time I bought a bunch of Bath & Body Works "Daffodil Fields" scented products when they were being discontinued and I was able to sell it all on eBay a little while later for quadruple my purchase price.

If you have any eBay questions, I would be happy to answer them. You could leave them in a comment here and I'll reply...I love eBay! (not just because of the name ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet that was an awesome friend that told you that!!

Suzanne A. Wells said...

Thanks for posting my freebie! I think they need to create a 12-step program for people addicted to eBay, like me!

Blessings,

Suzanne Wells
The eBay Coach