Thursday, November 6, 2008

The other night I had my parents over for dinner & I was not feeling very inspired on what to make. My mom can be a bit finicky and I knew I would need precious pre-dinner time to straighten the house, etc. so whatever I made, it better not be complicated. I decided to try to make something in the Crock Pot, so I made this chicken & stuffing (I really am not a stuffing fanatic, it is a coincidence I've made two chicken & stuffing recipes in the last week!) recipe that tasted a good deal like Cracker Barrel's chicken & dressing lunch special. You know the one they only serve on Mondays? Have it any night of the week :)

My Fake Cracker-Barrel Chicken & Dressing

6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/4 c. of parmesan cheese
10 3/4 oz. can of cream of chicken soup
1 can of water
6 oz. package of chicken stuffing mix

Spray the crockpot with non-stick spray and arrange the chicken in a flat layer on the bottom (the crockpot I used is short and wide). Sprinkle chicken with cheese and any other seasonings you might want. Evenly spread soup on chicken. Top with stuffing mix and dump in can of water. Cover & cook on low for 6 hours. (Towards the end I also stirred up the stuffing on top so it wouldn't get too dry).
I calculated this to be 7 pts. for one chicken breast and 1/6 of the stuffing & gravy.

Then, last night I was feeling extra un-inspired for making dinner and didn't want chicken again. Since chicken has been on sale, it seems like I have tons of it. Defrosting beef seemed like too much of a hassle, so I concocted this recipe which was the easiest thing in the world and I didn't have to defrost the tilapia. I buy those club packs of it at Wegman's & I make the same old 'breadcrumb & caper topping' recipe every single time. Thought I would try something new with this & my husband loved it like I spent hours on it.

Southwestern Corn Tilapia

4 4oz. tilapia filets, frozen
1 box of Campbell's Gold Select Southwestern Corn soup

Preheat oven to 350. Spray bottom of 11x13 inch dish with non-stick spray and arrange the frozen tilapia filets in a single layer on the bottom. Season with whatever seasonings you want (I used Pampered Chef Southwest Seasoning because it seemed like it would go). Evenly spread the box of soup on top. Bake for 30 minutes or until the tilapia flakes in the center. Serve over rice.
The tilapia and 1/4 of the soup is 6 points. Don't cheat and try to include the rice in there!

I hope you like them! Love, Bay

0 comments: