Tuesday, November 11, 2008

After my to-do list post this morning, I tackled the overflowing laundry situation while Rayna played on the floor, first in her bedroom while I put away her clean clothes, then in our room while I worked on the pile of Marc's clothes that were just accumulating. I'm also trying to give her more floor time, because how do you learn to crawl if your mom never puts you down on the floor? :)

We came back downstairs and I worked on the dishes while Rayna was in her excer-saucer. She is also teething something fierce this week, as the little top teeth are working their way out! So her patience was running low at this point. I held off on my other chores until naptime. Then I cleaned all of the windows & did the vacuuming.

Boy, was my "hot-spot" end table really something. I get distracted very fast and there was just about every miscellaneous paper there to help my mind wander. But, I think I did a pretty good job staying focused and now it looks like this:

I cleaned up all of the clutter and either threw it away or put things where they belonged. Those extra candles got distributed to other areas of the house and I trimmed up the little plant that is somehow still holding on and moved it on my "mantle" area above the tv:

I can't say that the stew in the slow-cooker turned out as stew-y as I would have liked. It was plenty tasty & tonight was a great night for soup, but if you want a thick beef stew, I think you need to stick with the original recipe and bake it. So I'm not going to post my version, because it was a little soupy. But here's a picture!


So that was my day. Marc and I had just bought some new placemats at Crate & Barrel for our dining room table and I put those on today before he came home from work. I think I did pretty well with getting the place cleaned today! I still have the bathtub yet to clean (if, perhaps, you're checking off my list ;), but I'm one of those weird people who showers at night, so I am going to do it then.

See you tomorrow! And don't forget to check out The Homespun Heart & keep up with other gals on the challenge. Love, Bay

2 comments:

Monica Wilkinson said...

Great job today!!

Anonymous said...

WOW Beck! Great Job! I need to do that, thanks for the inspiration. I think I know what I will be doing this weekend ;)

Thanks for your awesome Blog!

Tania