Tuesday, November 11, 2008


I love, love Paperback Swap. It is a no-brainer that it works for me. If you haven't heard of it, here is the run-down:

You join Paperback Swap and list ten books that you don't mind getting rid of. Just for listing your books, they will give you two credits, so you can choose any two books in the system that you want. The person who has the book you want, ships it to you, it costs you a credit. When someone requests one of your books, you ship it to them, you earn a credit. So yes, there is postage involved, but everything else is free.

Since I've joined, I rarely ever buy books. I've gotten cookbooks, biographies, best-sellers, etc. It is not just for paperbacks. I like to request hardcovers whenever I can.

I also signed up for their sister sites, Swap-a-dvd & Swap-a-cd, because you can transfer the credits between them. I got an Andre Rieu dvd :) and I just ordered a Christmas cd.

So if you want to check out Paperback Swap, here is a button. And if you would like to put me as your referrer, my user id is rms33

PaperBackSwap.com - Our online book club offers free books when you swap, trade, or exchange your used books with other book club members for free.

Be sure to check out all the other posts at Works for Me Wednesday @ Rocks in my Dryer!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I have learned something from you. I didn't know they had sway a CD. We could really use that. I will check it out. I have been using Bookins for quite a while and am happy with them for books but they don't do CDs. Great tip.

Bay said...

For some reason, they do charge 50 cents for each cd you receive. So that kind of stinks, that it is the only site that you pay a little fee for. It worked for me though, because I was just about to buy the cd for like $13, when I thought to look there. So for me, it was worth a credit and 50 cents!